Many patients don’t realize that they do have choices when receiving care. Most people have been conditioned to just accept that the physician knows what is best for them which is not always the case. There are many ways to address a patient’s pain or problem so I think it’s worth it to spend the time to explore the different options to determine what’s best for you. Please don't hesitate to ask about a particular treatment option or to ask for a demonstration of the full array of options. Your available treatment options are listed below:
- Chiropractic adjustment (choice of: Manual/Diversified-produces "popping sound", Gentle mobilization - massages spinal joint to restore motion, Activator adjusting instrument - most gentle option.
- Clothed regional massage - to address specific areas of discomfort to aid in soft tissue healing.
- Lower back passive stretching/traction -addresses muscle tightness/spasm and sciatica
- Neck traction - helps to remove pressure from spinal nerves that can cause numbness/tingling in the arms, hands, and fingers.
- Ultrasound therapy - provides deep heating (2 to 4 cm) under the skin to provide pain relief and to aid in tissue healing (sprains,strains,tendonitis, etc.)
- Electric muscle stimulation - aids in decreasing muscle spasm and provides pain relief.
- Roller mechanical massage/traction table - loosens and gently tractions spinal joints.
- Stretching/weight bearing exercises - improves muscle strength and flexiblility.
- Office consultation/exam - Required on initial patient visit and includes consultation, assessment, and patient exam in order to diagnose patient problems. The consultation time may also be used for second opinion advice concerning scheduled surgery or treatment being received elsewhere for current problems. Consultation will also be needed for imaging explanation/review for X-ray or MRI results.
* Many patients prefer the full one hour treatment option which can include many of the above listed options in a single visit for more effective treatment and can also limit the amount of return visits needed as well as the need for additonal types of care such as massage therapy and acupuncture.